Dr. Gretchen Kubacky is a health psychologist and Certified Bereavement Facilitator with a private practice in West Los Angeles. She has specialized training to address:
- Suicide loss - anger, guilt, and "what-ifs"
- Cancer - loss of functioning, death
- Chronic illness - changes in lifestyle, disfigurement, loss of hope
- Infertility - miscarriage and related losses, relationship stressors
- Traumatic loss - homicide, suicide, and accidents
- Complicated grieving - multiple losses, unexpected loss, and death compounded by other losses
- Grieving a job, relationship, or business loss
Dr. Gretchen's approach to working with the grieving process is highly personalized. Talk therapy in individual and/or group sessions is the foundation of a process that will help you put your life back together.
In addition to working with all of the complicated feelings that accompany grief, the therapy may focus on:
- Relaxation skills to help you sleep better
- Coping skills to help you deal with relatives and financial matters
- Assessment and support for your decision-making processes
- Education about what's "normal"
- Self-care practices to support you physically and emotionally as you heal
Dr. Gretchen can be reached by calling (310) 625-6083.